M&E and IVS Workshop
The ASA European chapter is proud to offer an extraordinary Machinery & Equipment valuation workshop with Evžen Körner of Duff & Phelps and Alexander Aronsohn of RICS
14 June 2018
Building IES FSV UK
Prague, the Czech Republic2018-06-14 09:00:00 2018-06-14 22:00:00 Europe/Prague M&E and IVS Workshop The workshop consists of two separate section: one focused on a valuation of machinery & equipment and the other focused on International valuation standards and startup valuations. Building IES FSV UK, Opletalova 26, Prague, Czech Republic ASA Europe email@example.com
This workshop consists of two separate sections:
- Valuation of Machinery & Equipment and
- International valuation standards.
Preliminary agenda indicated may be subject to change.
International Valuation Standards Workshop
More details to follow soon.
M&E Valuation Workshop
- Overview of the respective IFRS standards – IFRS 3 Business Combination and IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement.
- Highest and best use practice – providing necessary ground for developing likely scenarios.
- Income approach - next to defining the income stream for each machinery and equipment, discount rate development and identification of risk factors associated with hypothetical investment in a machinery and equipment asset item.
- Market approach – market approach is indeed a core approach for understanding the overall market but its practicality of use diminishes significantly with adoption of IFRS 13 standards. The main issue is still the availability and transparency of the market data as well as assessment if the assets are truly saleable.
- Cost approach – cost approach is and remain the main method to estimate FV of machinery and equipment and cost new estimation one of the biggest challenge. Cost approach is an approach that works quite well for a valuation of individual machines but there are many issues when valuing assets combined into an operating entity.
- Site visit or desktop valuation – discussion about benefits of seeing the valued assets versus valuing them desktop.
- Liquidation value - one of the widely overlooked concept will be presented in the context of bargain purchase. Methods how to estimate liquidation value without having sufficient and transparent market data will be discussed.
The M&E and IVS workshop 14 June 2018**
ASA Members: EUR 320 (CZK 8,000)
Non-members: EUR 400 (CZK 10,000)
There is also a possibility purchasing a package of M&E and IVS Workshop and ASA European Valuation Conference for discount fee of EUR 800 (for ASA-members EUR 620) – for both event. This package includes also 2017 International Valuation Standards in the Czech and English languages.
* Including VAT of 21%.
Capacity is limited. Please register early. After registering, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions. Bank transfer is the preferred payment method. You can also pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) with a 3,5% surcharge for processing fees. There is no surcharge for payments by bank transfer. Registration will be confirmed on a first-come first-serve basis after payment is received.
** The workshop fee includes:
- Refreshment during coffee breaks, lunch;
- Training materials that will be provided online;
Cancellation Policy: A cancellation fee of 50% applies for all cancellations by until 21 April 2018. No refunds will be issued for any cancellations made after that date. Substitutions from the same company are accepted with a fee adjustment, if appropriate.
If you have any queries please contact us at the following e-mail address:
Contact person: Debora Zvardonova (Tel. +420 730 542 154)